Experience traditional Ecuadorian hospitality at this tranquil hacienda with beautiful gardens and superb mountain views
Hacienda Abraspungo is a charming hacienda on the outskirts of Riobamba, it’s a fine example of colonial architecture both inside and out. The landscaped gardens provide a tranquil setting where you can wander wide stone pathways, admire pretty fountains and take in the magnificent views of the Andes mountains. It’s an ideal base from which to explore Sangay National Park, Chimborazo Nature Reserve and Carihuarazo Mountain
The 42 guest rooms are thoughtfully furnished, each named after a mountain in Ecuador. Attention to detail is evident in the décor and traditional touches, such as ceiling beams, wooden floors and locally made wooden furniture feature throughout. Each spacious room has direct access out to the gardens.
Where possible the restaurant uses local produce to prepare the menu. A variety of dishes caters for all tastes, and a selection of wine and spirits are served to complement the food. The colonial theme is carried through here, and both the restaurant and bar are decorated with local antiques, the bar’s décor has a musical theme, and is an inviting spot to enjoy the company of other guests.
Hacienda Abraspungo Highlights
- Spacious and comfortable rooms
- Relax in the tranquil landscaped gardens
- Delightful views of the surrounding mountains
- Hike or bike the local area
- Enjoy a city tour of Riobamba
- Explore Sangay National Park and Chimborazo Nature Reserve
- Restaurant and well-stocked bar
- Landscaped gardens
- WiFi is available
- Games room
- Tennis/volleyball courts
- Children’s playground
- Curio shop selling local handicrafts
- City tour of Riobamba
- Visit indigenous markets
- Hiking, climbing and mountain biking
- Horse riding
- Bird watching at Lake Colca
- Village visit to Cajabamba
- Take a tour to Lake Colca
- Learn to play polo
Children of all ages are welcome.
The hotel has free Wi-Fi internet access.
- 42 spacious guest rooms and suites
- Each room has direct access to the gardens
- En-suite bathrooms
- Each room named after a mountain in Ecuador
- The mountain will feature in the room’s décor