Located in the historic heart of Cuenca, this three storey town house, built in 1917, is a classic example of colonial architecture. It has been renovated to a high standard with elegant furniture, plush fabrics and soft furnishings. There are three internal courtyards and the guest rooms open onto these. The rooms are welcoming and very comfortable with all mod-cons that you would expect including TV, telephone, mini bar and hairdryer. Whilst the bathrooms may not be huge they are well appointed and all rooms have a bathtub.
Tasty breakfasts are served in the cafe each morning. There are two elegant lounges with elegant draped curtains and fine furniture where guests can relax in comfort and style. The hotel has links to the popular Eucalyptus Restaurant, just across the street, so if you don’t feel like venturing out, the restaurant will deliver to your room – what could be better.
The hotel’s location is perfect for discovering the cobbled streets of Cuenca, seeking out quirky antique shops, museums, restaurants and bars – there is much to see within easy walking distance.
Hotel Carvallo Highlights
- Excellent central location in the Old Town district.
- Local restaurants and bars nearby
- Easy walking distance of numerous historic sights
- The hotel is a fine example of colonial architecture
- Restaurant and café
- Two guest lounges
- Coffee and tea available in communal areas
- WiFi is available in the rooms and some main areas
- Limited laundry and room service available
- 24 hour reception
- Visit the daily flower market, a stone’s throw away
- Religious sites such as the immense cathedral, and contrasting diminutive historical chapel
- Stroll the galleries of the Modern Art Museum
- Parque Abdon Calderon is surrounded by beautiful colonial buildings
- Walk up Tuli Hill for spectacular views of the city, by day or by night
- Visit the Panama Hat museum, perhaps purchase one from one of the vendors
- Take a day trip to the Inca site at Ingaprica
- Enjoy village visits to Gualaceo and Chordeleg
- Nature lovers should be sure to visit Cajas National Park
Children are welcome at Hotel Caravallo.
Free WiFi is available.
- 30 spacious rooms
- Doubles, twins and triples available
- En-suite bathrooms
- High ceilings feature throughout
- WiFi, TV phone and mini bar in each room
- Air conditioning is available
- Elegant period furniture and décor