“Outstanding. Its up a back street that looks a little less than welcoming but the hotel itself is stunning – we could have spent a week here.”
This is a family-run hotel in Puerto Ayora, built in an attractive Arabic style with little gardens and terraces conducive to relaxation.
There are 19 guest rooms comprising single, twin, double, triple, quadruple and 3 suites. All are equipped with air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. You’ll begin each day with a plentiful continental breakfast. There are seating areas in the gardens and patios where you can relax. The hotel also has a comfy lounge and internet access.
The hotel is in a quiet backstreet about a 5 minute walk from the centre of town, convenient for shops and restaurants. It’s a short stroll from the fish market which gets busy in the afternoon as the fishing boats return with their catches. It’s fun to watch the activity and see the pelicans and seagulls vying over scraps. Hotel staff are happy to arrange excursions to help you explore Santa Cruz and neighbouring islands.
Hostal Mainao Highlights
- Distinctive Arabic-inspired architecture
- Range of room sizes, all en-suite
- Short walk to the centre of Puerto Ayora
- Family-owned and run
- Quiet gardens and terraces
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to Galapagos Islands. Tell us what you want, and we will tailor make your perfect trip.
Finch Bay Eco Hotel
- A free continental breakfast is served each morning
- Courtyards and gardens with table and parasols
- Laundry service
- Visiting sights of interest on the Santa Cruz island which include the Charles Darwin Research Station
- Visit the shops and restaurants of Puerto Ayora
- Visit the fish market to watch the pelicans and sea lions battling over the scraps.
Children of all ages are welcome.
The hotel has free Wi-Fi internet access.
There are 19 rooms in total, including 3 suites. All have en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water. Rooms are air conditioned. Some have private balconies.
- Some with Balconies
- En-suite bathrooms
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.