Galaven provides ample indoor and outdoor space including separate lounge and dining areas and a sun deck. There are 11 air conditioned, en-suite cabins arranged over 3 decks, some with port holes and others with picture windows.
Prices from: £2,975pp for 8 days
Galaven, constructed at the turn of the 21st century, is a well-equipped vessel with 11 cabins for a maximum of 20 passengers. The main deck has the dining room at one end and the lounge with a range of comfy seats, a TV and books at the other. In between there’s a bar and coffee station, ideal for unwinding between trips ashore. Walls are decorated with photos of the islands.
Upstairs the sun deck has a large shaded area where you can rest and enjoy the views as the yacht cruises to your next venue. Sun loungers are set out at the bow so you can enjoy the heat and perfect your tan. Galaven carries snorkelling equipment, free for passenger use.
Cabins make good use of space, with built-in tables and cupboards and handy draws in the divan providing ample storage room for all your belongings. Cabins on the upper and sun decks have large windows. Each cabin has its own shower room with 24 hour running hot and cold water.
- Air conditioned accommodation with private bathrooms
- Large lounge, bar and dining areas
- TV and reference library
- Sun deck with loungers
- Lots of covered outdoor seating
- All-day coffee station
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to Galapagos Islands. Tell us what you want, and we will tailor make your perfect trip.
Itinerary A – 7 nights / 8 days
- TUE: Fly into Baltra. Santa Cruz: Black Turtle Cove
- WED: Genovesa: El Barranco and Darwin Bay
- THU: Santiago: Sullivan Bay. Rabida
- FRI: Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station and El Chato
- SAT: Santa Cruz: Cerro Dragon and Bachas Beach
- SUN: Floreana: Post Office Bay and Punta Cormorant/Devil’s Crown
- MON: Espanola: Punta Suarez and Gardner Bay
- TUE: San Cristobal: Interpretation Centre. Depart San Cristobal
Itinerary B – 7 nights / 8 days
- TUE: Fly into San Cristobal. San Cristobal: Puerto Chino/Jaciento Gordillo Breeding Centre
- WED: Santa Fe and South Plaza
- THU: Santa Cruz: Fausto Llerena Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre and Los Gemelos
- FRI: Isabela: Sierra Negra and Wetlands, Wall of Tears and Breeding Centre
- SAT: Isabela: Punta Moreno and Urbina Bay
- SUN: Fernandina: Punta Espinosa. Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca
- MON: Santiago: Espumilla Beach/Buccaneer Cove. Bartolome
- TUE: North Seymour. Depart Baltra
There are 7 cabins (no.s 1 – 7) on the main deck, 4 with twin beds and 3 with a double lower berth and an upper single berth. All are 7 square metres, and have private shower rooms with hot and water, and air conditioning. They have portholes (rather than windows).
There are 2 suites (no.s 8 & 9) on the upper deck, each of 9 square metres and with a double bed and windows. They have private shower rooms with hot and cold water, and air conditioning.
There are 2 cabins (no.s 10 & 11) on the sun deck, each with twin beds, window and 7 square metres. They have private shower rooms with hot and cold water, and air conditioning.
|Year of construction:||2000|
|Type:||Mid-range expedition yacht|
|Accommodation:||7 cabins on the main deck: 4 twins and 3 doubles, one of which also has a bunk bed. There are 2 double cabins on the upper deck and 2 twins on the sun deck. All are en-suite with hot and cold running water and air conditioning.|
|On Board:||Dining room, lounge and bar on the main deck. Covered and sunny outdoor deck areas on the sun deck, with cushioned seats and sun loungers respectively. She carries snorkelling equipment, free for passenger use, and wet suits can be hired.|
|Maximum speed:||9 knots|
|Crew:||9 crew plus 1bilingual naturalist guide, or 2 guides for 17 or more passengers|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.