MV Santa Cruz II
Santa Cruz has a relaxed atmosphere and offers a wide range of accommodation spread over three decks, including family cabins.
Santa Cruz II
Prices from: £4,175pp for 6 days
Santa Cruz II entered service in October 2015 and has a capacity of 90 passengers in 4 categories of cabins and can provide different shore excursions, tailored to passengers’ interests and physical abilities. On board she has an impressive range of facilities arranged over 5 decks including a lounge bar, library with a selection of natural history books, restaurant, 24 hour hot drinks station, gift shop and gym. All indoor areas are air conditioned. There are deck areas for dining and relaxing, including 2 jacuzzis.
There is a daily programme of talks and briefings by the resident naturalist guides. As well as shore excursions to different islands there are chances for swimming, snorkelling, kayaking and rides in a glass-bottom boat.
Santa Cruz II highlights
- Accommodates 90 passengers
- Large, well-designed cruise ship
- Spacious indoor and outdoor areas
- Opportunities for kayaking and glass-bottom boat rides
- Choice of 4 types of cabins
- Well-stock natural history library
- Full lecture programme
- Have a look at the yachts’ own website: Santa Cruz II
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to Galapagos Islands. Tell us what you want, and we will tailor make your perfect trip.
2018 Itinerary – Eastern Galapagos 6 nights / 7 days
- FRI: Fly to Baltra. Mosquera
- SAT: San Cristobal: Puerto Baquerizo tortoise breeding centre, Punta Pitt
- SUN: Santa Fe. South Plaza
- MON: Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station, optional activities including hiking, kayaking and biking
- TUE: Espanola: Punta Suarez, Gardner Bay/Osborn Islet
- WED: Espanola: Santa Cruz: Eden Islet. North Seymour
- THU: Depart Baltra
2018 Itinerary – Northern Galapagos 4 nights / 5 days
- MON: Fly to Baltra. Santa Cruz: Las Bachas
- TUE: Santiago: Buccaneer Cove, Puerto Egas
- WED: Rabida: Red Beach. Bartolome
- THU: Genovesa: Prince Philips Steps, Darwin Bay
- FRI: Santa Cruz: Tortoise reserve, depart Baltra
2018 Itinerary – Western Galapagos 4 nights / 5 days
- THU: Fly to Baltra. Santa Cruz: Cerro Dragon
- FRI: Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca. Fernandina: Punta Espinosa
- SAT: Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station, optional activities including hiking, kayaking and biking
- SUN: Floreana: Baroness Lookout/Post Office Bay, Punta Cormorant/Champion Islet
- MON: Depart Baltra
Please note the following are not included in the cruise price:
The Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee $100 and Transit Card $20 – payable locally in US dollars Return flights from Quito to the Galapagos – currently about £400 – £450 Personal expenses and bar consumption Hire of wetsuits
There are 3 Darwin suites on panorama deck (no.s 311, 314 & 315), each covering 30 square metres. They have 2 picture windows each, a sitting area with 2 easy chairs and a table, iPod/MP3 dock, PA system, safe, reading lights, hairdryer and air conditioning. The en-suite shower rooms are stocked with toiletries and bathrobes are provided. Additional amenities include free internet access (with some restrictions), national and international magazines, expedition photos and videos on CD and a take-home coffee table book. Each Darwin suite can interconnect with an explorer double cabin.
The 43 explorer double cabins are on panorama deck (3, no.s 312, 313 & 317), expedition deck (17, no.s 211-222 & 224 – 228) and horizon deck (23, no.s 101 – 101, 111 – 116, 119 – 122 & 128 – 130). They measure 15.2 square metres and have 2 twins or 1 double bed. All have a window, iPod/MP3 dock, power points, safe, PA system, reading lights, hairdryer and private shower room with full running water. All are air conditioned. Many cabins are interconnecting.
There are 2 explorer triple cabins on horizon deck (no.s 126 & 127). They have 3 berths each, a window, iPod/MP3 dock, PA system, power points, safe, reading lights, hairdryer, private shower room with hot and cold running water and air conditioning. They measure 17.8 square metres.
The 2 voyager single cabins are on horizon deck (no.s 124 & 125), measuring 11.8 square metres each. They have a window, air conditioning, iPod/MP3 dock, safe, PA system, hairdryer, reading lights, hairdryer and en-suite shower room with hot and cold running water.
|Year of construction:||2002. She was refurbished and entered service in the Galapagos in 2015|
|Type:||First class cruise ship|
|Accommodation:||Single, twin, double and triple cabins, all en-suite bathrooms with hot water and air conditioning|
|On Board:||Santa Cruz has 5 decks. Indoor spaces includes the panorama lounge and bar, expedition lounge and library, discovery room, gym, restaurant, reception, gift shop, infirmary, iPod/MP3 docking station and 24-hour tea and coffee station. Outside there is a sunbathing area, panorama veranda, dining deck and 2 jacuzzis. Passengers have free use of snorkelling equipment, kayaks and the glass bottom boat. Wet suits can be hired.|
|Maximum speed:||10.5 knots|
|Crew:||50 plus 8 naturalist guides including the expedition leader|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.