Price on request
The Galaexplorer is a specialist dive boat offering an exciting itinerary and comfortable accommodation for up to 14 passengers in air conditioned, en-suite cabins.
Days will be busy diving, but between times and in the evenings you’ll have time to relax on board, maybe watching a film in the lounge, listening to some music or looking at your photos on the computer. By day you’ll be able to sit out on the sun deck enjoying the views. Meals are enjoyed in the dining room and out on deck. Both Ecuadorian and international dishes are served. Snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks are available between meals. Alcoholic drinks can be bought on board.
The diving is centred on Wolf and Darwin Islands, supplemented by a few other sites. All diving is done from a dive tender, giving you access to all the best sites. You’ll have the chance of a couple of shore excursions during the week, including a visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station.
This vessel is also known as the Pinguino Explorer.
- Accommodates 14 passengers for dive cruises
- Light and spacious cabins with private bathrooms
- Ample indoor and outdoor space for relaxing between dives
- Services of a specialist instructor guide and a dive master
- Day and night dives at both Wolf and Darwin Islands
- Entertainment system and selection of board games
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to Galapagos Islands. Tell us what you want, and we will tailor make your perfect trip.
Dive Itinerary – 7 nights / 8 days
- TUE: Fly to Baltra. Orientation dive off North Seymour
- WED: 1 dive at Punta Bartolome, 2 dives at Cousin Islet
- THU: 4 dives at Wolf Island, including 1 night dive
- FRI: 4 dives at Darwin Island, including 1 night dive
- SAT: 3 dives at Wolf Island
- SUN: 2 dives at Punta Vicente Roca, 2 dives at Cabo Marshall including 1 night dive
- MON: 1 dive at Pinzon Island. Shore excursion to the Charles Darwin Station
- TUE: 1 dive at Mosquera. Depart Baltra.
All 8 cabins have air conditioning, shelves for storage, a mirror, reading lights and a private shower room with hot and cold water, soap and shampoo. There are 4 cabins (no.s 1 -4) on the sun deck, with single upper and lower berths and a window each.
The master cabin (no. 5) is on the main deck, to the front of the salon. It has a double lower berth and a single upper berth, and a window.
There are 3 cabins (no.s 6 – 8) on the lower deck, each with a single lower and a single upper berth and portholes.
|Year of construction:||1998|
|Capacity:||14 passengers for dive cruises|
|Accommodation:||Upper Deck: 4 cabins with bunk beds and windows. Main Deck: 1 cabin with large window; Lower Deck: 3 cabins with bunk beds and portholes. All are air conditioned and have en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold water.|
|On Board:||Dining room, bar and lounge with a full entertainment system. All indoor areas are air conditioned. Onboard computer, selection of books and games. Sun deck with shaded and sunny areas. Dive equipment supplied free includes tanks, enriched air or nitrox, weights and weight belts. You should bring your own dive equipment or rent it on board. You need to give at least 30 days notice if you plan to rent dive gear.|
|Maximum speed:||10 knots|
|Crew:||10 including 1 instructor guide and 1 divemaster guide|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.