Prices from: £3,565pp for 8 days
Reina Silvia underwent an extensive refit in 2010, updating all her accommodation. She has 6 large cabins, all with large portholes or windows, TV and DVD player. Indoor and deck areas are impressively spacious and she carries kayaks free for passengers to use.
Reina Silvia, named after the queen of Sweden, is an American-built motor yacht with just 6 large cabins providing high quality accommodation. Each has an en-suite bathroom with a vanity unit, flush toilet, shower cubicle and hairdryer. The main cabin features individually controlled are conditioning, telephone, TV and DVD player. 4 of the cabins are on the lower deck with port holes, and 1 each on the main and top deck with full size windows. The top deck cabin is the largest and has a writing desk and minibar. All have photos of the islands decorating the walls.
The main deck houses the generous dining room, bar and lounge. This last has a projector and large screen used for presentations by the naturalist guide, and there is a library of natural history books and films for you to view between excursions. Standing at the bow is the ideal place to observe the scenery and maybe spot some dolphins and whales, while to the rear there’s a swimming platform. You can use the boat’s kayaks for further exploring.
The top deck has a large enclosed seating area with a large circular sofa and a bar. Sliding picture windows allow the refreshing ocean breeze to blow through. This is a great place to sit and chat to other passengers, and sip sundowners without missing the fine Galapagos vistas.
Reina Silvia highlights
- Watch glorious sunsets from the top deck lounge-cum-bar
- Spacious cabins with TV, phone, DVD player and en-suite shower room
- Explore by kayak
- 4 cabins can be triples, making good family accommodation
- Large open plan dining, salon and bar on the main deck
- Watch dolphins from the prow of the boat
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to Galapagos Islands. Tell us what you want, and we will tailor make your perfect trip.
Itinerary A – 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly into Baltra. Santa Cruz: Highlands/Fausto Llerena Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre
- SUN: Espanola: Gardner Bay/Gardner Islet/Osborn Islet and Punta Suarez
- MON: San Cristobal: Isla Lobos/Kicker Rock and Punta Pitt
- TUE: Santa Fe and South Plaza
- WED: Genovesa: Darwin Bay and El Barranco
- THU: Santiago: Sullivan Bay. Bartolome
- FRI: Rabida. Sombrero Chino
- SAT: Depart Baltra
Itinerary B – 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly into Baltra. Santa Cruz: Los Gemelos/Fausto Llerena Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre
- SUN: Floreana: Punta Cormorant/Champion Islet and Post Office Bay/Asilo de la Paz
- MON: Isabela: Punta Moreno and Elizabeth Bay
- TUE: Isabela: Urbina Bay. Fernandina: Punta Espinosa
- WED: Isabela: Tagus Cove and Punta Vicente Roca
- THU: Santiago: Espumilla Beach/Buccaneer Cove and Puerto Egas/salt mines
- FRI: Santa Cruz: Bachas Beach. North Seymour
- SAT: Depart Baltra
There is 1 stateroom (no.1) on the upper deck, with 2 twin beds than can be combined to form a king size bed. It has a TV and DVD player, storage space, air conditioning and a window. The large bathroom has a full size shower, basin and toilet.
There is 1 stateroom (no. 2) on the main deck, with 2 twin beds that can be made into a king size bed. The cabin has a window, storage space, TV, DVD player and large en-suite shower room. It is air conditioned.
There are 4 staterooms (no.s 3 – 6) on the lower deck. Each has 2 twin beds that can be formed into a king size bed, plus a pull out single upper berth for a 3rd passenger if needed. These staterooms have storage space, a TV and DVD player, air conditioning and large en-suite shower room with full size shower. No.s 1 and 2 have large portholes and 3 and 4 have windows.
|Year of construction:||Refiited in 2010|
|Accommodation:||6 cabins which can be configured as twins or doubles, 4 of which can be used a triples. All are en-suite and air conditioned. They have TVs and DVD players.|
|On Board:||Dining room, lounge and bar. Top deck lounge. She carries snorkelling gear and kayaks, free for passenger use.|
|Maximum speed:||10 knots|
|Crew:||9 crew plus 1 bilingual naturalist guide|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.