Silversea - Silver Galapagos
This large expedition ship has accommodation for up to 100 passengers, all in ocean-view suites, many of which have balconies.
Silversea – Silver Galapagos
Prices from: £4,725pp for 8 days
Cabins are spacious and offer high quality bed linens and furnishings. There’s a minibar, flat screen TV, iPod dock and Wi-Fi access (pay locally). The marble bathroom is well equipped and you’ll be provided with a bathrobe and slippers for the duration of your cruise. As you’d expect of a ship of this size, there is a lot of space and a good range of amenities. The large restaurant is on deck 3 with the grill on deck 4. The main lounge, boutique, library and shore excursion desk can all on deck 3. Other social areas include a piano bar, gym, Jacuzzi, massage room and beauty salon. Silver Galapagos has a crew of 70, to look after the 100 passengers.
Silver Galapagos highlights
- Accommodates 100 passengers
- Large cruise ship with 5 decks of accommodation
- Ocean view cabins with range of amenities
- 70 crew to look after 100 passengers
- Choice of restaurants
- Gym, massage room and jacuzzi
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to Galapagos Islands. Tell us what you want, and we will tailor make your perfect trip.
- Silver Galapagos Itineraries
- Silver Galapagos Deck Plan & Cabins
- Silver Galapagos Technical Specifications
Itinerary A Western – 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly to San Cristobal. Leon Dormido
- SUN: Bartolome. Santiago: Espumilla Beach
- MON: Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca. Fernandina: Punta Espinosa
- TUE: Isabela: Tagus Cove, Elizabeth Bay
- WED: Floreana: Post Office Bay, Punta Cormorant; or Corona del Diablo; or Champion, Floreana
- THU: Santa Cruz: Cerro Dragon and Las Bachas
- FRI: Santa Cruz: Los Gemelos, Puerto Ayora and the Fausto Llerena Breeding Center
- SAT: Depart Baltra
Itinerary B North Central – 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly to Baltra. Daphne Island
- SUN: Genovesa: Darwin Bay, El Barranco
- MON: North Seymour. Santiago: Sullivan Bay
- TUE: Rabido. Santa Cruz: El Eden
- WED: San Cristobal: Galapaguera Cerro Colorado Tortoise Reserve and Punta Pitt
- THU: Espanola: gadrner Bay and Punta Suarez
- FRI: Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station, Puerto Ayora. South Plaza
- SAT: Depart San Cristobal
Silver Galapagos accommodates up to 100 passengers in 5 categories of suites over 5 decks. All suites have 2 twins or 1 queen bed, a sitting area, writing desk, wardrobe or closet, safe, vanity unit with hairdryer, stocked minibar, TV, radio alarm with iPod dock, wi-fi internet access (pay locally), marbled bathroom with toiletries, bathrobes and slippers, beach towels, binoculars and butler service.
There are 24 explorer suites, 7 on deck 2 (no.s 246 – 252), all 20-22 square metres, 12 on deck 3 (no.s 334 – 345), 22-23 square metres, and 5 on deck 4 (no.s 428-431 & 433), 22-23 square metres. Suites 336-341 can sleep 3 passengers. Suites on deck 2 have 3 portholes, those on decks 4 & 5 have windows.
There are 2 terrace suites on deck 5 (no.s 505 & 506), each measuring 26.38 square metres and with picture windows.
There are 12 veranda suites on deck 5 (no.s 507 – 512 & 514 – 519), all can sleep up to 3 passengers and have a veranda with patio furniture and cover an area of 25 square metres (including the veranda of 5 square metres).
There are 8 deluxe veranda suites on deck 4 (no.s 420 – 427). Each can sleep up to 3 passengers and has a private balcony with patio furniture and covers an area of 28 square metres (including the balcony of 6 square metres).
There are 4 silver suites on deck 6 (no.s 601 – 604), each can sleep up to 3 passengers and has an Illy espresso machine, sparkling wine, chocolates and fruit, free laundry service and a veranda with patio furniture. Each has an area of 34 square metres including the veranda of 7 square metres.
|Year of construction:||1990 (formerly called Galapagos Explorer II)|
|Type:||Expedition cruise ship|
|Accommodation:||All cabins are outside cabins with ocean views and many have balconies. They are en-suite and have TV, iPod dock and Wi-Fi (pay locally). Bathrobes and slippers are provided for all guests and there is butler service.|
|On Board:||There are 5 decks of accommodation. Social areas include a lounge, library, restaurant, grill restaurant (outdoor), piano bar, shore excursion desk, boutique, gym, massage room, beauty salon, deck with jacuzzi. There are 2 lifts.|
|Maximum speed:||17 knots|
|Crew:||70 + guides|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.